How do I book my child in a competition?
- Receive an invitation from the coach by whats app message.
- The meet sheet should inform you of the closing date of the gala.
- Inform by replying to the invitation if swimmer will attend or not.
- Payments should be made before closing date to ensure a place. If payment has not been received then swimmer will not be entered for the competition.
- Swimmers coach will enter the swimmers in their suitable races.
- Decisions may be changed by the event organizers regarding the races.
- You will be send the final entry report for the gala as soon as HPSC has received this information.
- Arrive at the competition in time for warm up
- Refunds if not attending the gala will not be given.
- HPSC contact number for the competitions is 050 5057587
If you haven’t entered in advance of the meet entry deadline as stated in the meet sheet, you will NOT be allowed to participate in the competition. Entries are NOT accepted the day of the meet. It is best to enter meets as soon as your coach instructs you to rather than wait and risk not getting in.
How will I know which competitions to enter?
Your coach will decide which meets you will attend based on the type of competition, the qualifying times (if any) and your experience level and attendance. Your coach will notify you of upcoming competitions.
What is a Meet Sheet?
The Meet Sheet contains all the information you need to know about the meet including, the location, events offered, the maximum number of events you may enter per day, the entry fees, entry deadlines, start times, warm-up times, and any special information or instructions regarding how the competition is run. Make it a practice to read through the meet sheet before you enter a competition. You are responsible for understanding and being aware of all the information contained in the meet sheet when you enter a competition.
What events do should I enter?
Your coach will tell you which events he would like for you to compete in. If you have questions or concerns about what events you are swimming, check with your coach.
What things should I bring to a competition?
In your swim bag, you should pack a towel, your swimsuit and an extra swim suit, your team cap and goggles, warm clothing, team kit, warm socks, shoes and flip flops, snacks. Click HERE for more information.
When should I arrive at the competition?
Most competitions have split sessions, with each session (morning and afternoon) running approximately 4 hours. Check the heat sheet to be sure which session (morning or afternoon) you are entered in. The Meet Sheet will also have information about warm-up times for each session. Your coach will give you special instructions regarding what time he wants you there for warm up.
What should I do when I arrive at the competition?
The first thing all swimmers should do when they arrive at a meet is to find and join your teammates and go for warm up. After warm up, the swimmers must be warm and before going to the marshaling make sure you know your heat and lane. All swimmers must be at the marshaling area at least 20 minutes before their first race to check they have their hat and goggles ready. Make sure you are on your best behavior so you are where you’re supposed to be, and don’t miss your race.